Sunday, March 3, 2013

Girls Day Out

My dad left on a business trip for Singapore today so my mom and I took it as an opportunity to hang out together.

First we went to the park to take pictures, but it was too cold to stay longer than 10 minutes. Here are some of the better shots I managed to snap before I wimped out.
Then we headed over to my favorite place ever- Kohls. There's just something about that store that makes me completely unable to stay away. Maybe it's the cheap prices or the never ending clearance racks or the fact that it is 3 miles from my house. I debated getting some colored tights and some boots (I'm still unsure. Take a look at the picture below and let me know what you think) but ended up with only two packs of earrings which I found in the clearance section.
Then we went to Panera because I had a giftcard. I couldn't get hot chocolate because something was wrong with their machine, so I got a strawberry smoothie and it was heaven. The smoothies from Panera are scrumptious and filling- you should try one next time you are there! I also got a peanut butter cookie. Yummy!
I found a Michael's giftcard in my wallet today. There was only $5 left but I figured that I'd go get some new art supplies. Too bad I'm a moron and once I got to the register, I forgot to use it. So, instead I was short on money and had to embarrassingly call my mother on the phone so she could come to the front of the store and give me an extra dollar. Oh well, at least I got some new art supplies. I got some artist's loft soft pastels to try out since I've never used soft pastels before and 2 strathmore drawing pads (buy one get one free!)- one newsprint and one charcoal paper.
We were pooped from our adventures at that point and headed home. I, of course, opened my new soft pastels and sketched my dog, Scout.
To wrap up the great day, we ordered some Chinese food (my absolute favorite). So that was my Sunday. What did you guys do this weekend?

Thanks for reading!
~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment